Internals Constructed of Special Materials
Highly corrosive and high temperature operations require high-grade materials.
If chemical resistant plastic material cannot be used due to decreasing stability at high temperatures, high grade material such as zirconium or tantalum can be used. However in some cases we can offer chemically resistant and competitive constructions which combine several materials into one part as shown as follows: CFC load-bearing frame, tantalum drip tubes and a TFM/PTFE base.
An excerpt from our list of materials:
- Super duplex
- Graphite / CFC
- Alloy 20
- other materials on request
Task: Reduce cost of liquid distributor
Materials approved by customer:
- Tantalum = expensive
- Carbon fibre reinforced carbon (CFC) = high structural stability
- PTFE = poor mechanical stability
- (CFC) load-bearing frame
- Distribution devices / Tantalum drip tubes
- All other components made of TFM / PTFE